The BISA Executive Committee meets four times a year. It is made up of Trustees elected by the BISA membership alongside a number of individuals who have been co-opted in order to take on specialist roles. As BISA is a registered charity, its Trustees are legally responsible for the management and administration of the organisation.
The work of the Executive is supported by a full-time Director and Administrator.
• Chair Professor Mark Webber (University of Birmingham)
• Vice-Chair Professor Ruth Blakeley (University of Sheffield)
• Secretary Dr Kyle Grayson (Newcastle University)
• Treasurer Dr Danielle Beswick (University of Birmingham)
Dr Ross Bellaby (University of Sheffield)
Dr Toni Haastrup (University of Kent)
Dr Ben Kienzle (Kings College London)
Dr Vicki Squire (University of Warwick)
Dr Julia Welland (University of Warwick)
Professor Richard Beardsworth (Aberystwyth University)
Dr Jennifer Medcalf (Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
Jon Gorrie (Restless Development)
Other Committee positions
• BISA Director Dr Juliet Dryden
• BISA Administrator Dee Pettifer
• Postgraduate Network Rep. Amandine Hostein
The outgoing BISA Chair (currently Professor Richard Whitman, University of Kent) serves as Honorary President, but does not sit on the Executive Committee.